The oldest buildings at Glencree were built as a British military barracks in an effort to squash the Wicklow element of the 1798 Rebellion. We still use these buildings today as a residential and meeting/conference centre and café and have coined the phrase from Rebellion to Reconciliation to capture the history of Glencree; from being a place of military occupation to being one of peace.
- Café Serving: Home-made soups, sandwiches, hot & cold snacks
- Gift shop: Local crafts, maps, souvenirs & jewellery
- History of Glencree Exhibition (Upstairs)
- Outside dining deck to enjoy our panoramic views
- Visit the nearby German Military Cemetery
- Conference & Small Meeting Room available to hire
Opening Hours: Seven days a week.
April – September: 9.30am – 5.30pm
October – March: 9.30am – 5.00pm
Coach parties, walkers, cyclists, clubs (book, bridge, history etc.) welcome and catered for. This is a wheelchair friendly facility. Contact Carol Ganly for any enquiries or bookings on +353 (0) 1 282 9711 or firstname.lastname@example.org