What will the project consist of?
Young Peacebuilders 2016 will:
- Create a safe space where young people from different backgrounds can connect through learning and dialogue in a group context.
- Encourage participants to identify and develop their skills in peacebuilding and leadership.
- Equip participants to have the confidence to apply these skills in their own home communities and across different communities in the ROI/NI.
- Lead to a participant lead project/action on peacebuilding.
- Include 3 residentials (Sept 23rd-25th, Nov 25th-27th, February 2017) focusing on teambuilding, dialogue, and project planning, plus one intensive leadership training weekend (Oct 22nd-23rd) focusing on leadership skills (mediation, conflict resolution, and facilitation). These will take place at different locations in both Northern Ireland and the Republic.
For more information click here.
Take a look at video created during the course of last years Young Peacebuilders programme.