- Aged 18-25?
- Living in Northern Ireland or the Republic?
- Interested in leadership & conflict resolution skills?
- Passionate about (y)our future?
- Curious about the idea of peacebuilding?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, the programme may be for you.
- Create a safe space where young people from different backgrounds can connect through learning and dialogue in a group context.
- Encourage participants to identify and develop their skills in peacebuilding and leadership. This will include the option of receiving accredited training in conflict management.
- Equip participants to have the confidence to apply these skills in their own home communities and across different communities in the ROI/NI.
- Lead to a participant lead project/action on peacebuilding.
There is no fee involved. Transport costs for the core group are covered. We will also be investing in the training costs for participants.
What is involved?
Young Peacebuilders is a cross-border, cross-community peacebuilding project based on residential gatherings (March 24-26; May 5-7; June 16-18; September TBC) in 3 different locations across the island (Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland). These will include dialogue workshops, leadership and conflict management training (with the chance of accreditation), and a follow up project, during which participants will apply practically the new skills they have learned.
Potential applicants will apply via the Application Form.