The Glencree Centre for Peace and Reconciliation (Glencree) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This Privacy Statement outlines your rights, what information we may collect about you generally and through this website, and how we use this information.
By using our website and submitting information to us you are agreeing to the collection and use of your information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Your rightsYour rights under GDPR include the right to:
- access the personal data we hold on you
- correct and update the personal data we hold on you
- have your personal data erased
- object to processing of your personal data
- data portability
- withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of personal data to which consent was sought
- object to the processing of personal data where applicable
- lodge a complaint with the national Data Protection Commissioner's Office
What personal information we collect
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you such as:
- Identity and Contact Data such as first name, last name, title, postal address, email address and telephone number
- Billing and financial information such as billing address, bank account and payment information
- Technical Data that can include internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, domain names, access times and referring website addresses, platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences and related information such feedback and survey responses
How we collect your personal information
- When you fill in a form or correspond with us to request our services, support Glencree, apply for a job, submit a survey or feedback form; sign up to receive marketing or sales information; attend our events
- When you use our website we collect information about your visit and interaction using cookies
- From third party and public sources such as technical data from analytics providers; and social media pages such as our Glencree Twitter and Facebook accounts
- When you visit our campus at Glencree, Co. Wicklow we may collect information that we need in order to identify you and complete necessary security checks. We may also collect your image on CCTV.
Please note that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through any Glencree public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
The Glencree website uses "cookies" to help personalise your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that downloads to your computer when you visit a website. Your web browser (such as Internet Explorer) sends these cookies back to the website or application on each subsequent visit so that they can recognise you and remember things like user preferences. Cookies also provide statistics about the use of the website by gathering and analysing data such as: most visited pages, time spent by users on each page, site performance, etc. Collecting and using such data enables us to provide a better experience on our site by improving content, modifying navigation and making the site more user friendly.
Without cookies, a web server has no memory of anything about a user's previous visits. It is important to note that accepting cookies used on our site does not give us access to any personal information. Most browsers automatically accept cookies by default but you have the ability to accept or decline cookies.
How we use your personal information
Glencree collects and uses your personal data only for the purpose for which it was collected, unless we obtain your specific consent to other uses, or unless otherwise required or permitted by law. These purposes may include operating the glencree.ie website; communicating information about and delivering our services; updating you about our activities; informing you of other products or services available; conducting surveys or research; processing data necessary to enter into or for the performance of a contract.
Glencree does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We may, from time to time, share data with trusted third parties including our agents, suppliers and contractors. For example, we may ask a supplier to send out an invitation or marketing material on our behalf, arrange for deliveries, to maintain our database software or to provide us with administration, IT and other related services. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except in their provision of these services to Glencree, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Glencree keeps track of the pages you visit within our website in order to determine what pages/services are most frequently visited. These results are used to deliver customised content.
Glencree will only disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Glencree or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Glencree; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Glencree or the public.
Security of your Personal Information
Glencree takes all reasonable steps to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure and secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Removing or updating your information
If you wish to update or remove information previously provided to Glencree or no longer wish be contacted by Glencree please contact us at email@example.com or phone us on 00353 1 2829711.
Changes to this Statement
Glencree will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Please review this Statement periodically to remain up to date on how we are protecting your information.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 00353 1 2829711.